How to setup a new Outlook 2007/2010/2013 profile manually
This will assist you in getting Outlook 2007/2010/2013 setup on your machine. Please note Outlook 2003 will not work in Hosted Exchange.
1. Go to your Outlook mail settings from Start > Control Panel > Mail
2. Click the ‘Show Profiles’ button and press ‘Add’ for a new profile.
3. Click Add and specify your profile name.
4. Choose ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ and go Next
5. Specify your Exchange Server Name that is in the welcome email (i.e myserver.domain.com) and your username (email address) on the next page. Do not click check name!
6. Click ‘More Settings’ button. You may recieve an error message stating that a connection could not be made to the exchange server. Click ok and cancel to display the "More Settings" box.
7. Navigate to Connection tab.
8. Check ‘Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP’ option and click ‘Exchange Proxy Settings’ button.
9. Ensure SSL is ticked and type the URL for your Proxy Server that is in the welcome email (i.e myserver.domain.com) in the 'Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange' field. Make sure that both ‘On fast networks...’ and ‘On slow networks...’ options are checked.
10. Choose ‘NTLM' as ‘Proxy Authentication settings’
11. Press OK, Apply, Next and Finish and OK to save changes.
12. Start Outlook.